Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Subscribing to Podcasts- Thing 13

I was sort of underwhelmed by the search tools offered. I already subscribe to more podcasts than I have time to listen to and it doesn't get much easier than Itunes for locating podcasts. I did subscribe to ICTWeekly from the Education Podcast Network. I had a previously existing web relationship with those interesting Aussies anyway, and I am glad they are now offering audio as well as print web. Another favorite of mine is "I Love Librarians"podcast made by Harper Collins publishers. It was easy to find as I got an email invitation when they began it. Part of my Web 2.0 experience is that the more cool things you know about and subscribe to, the more are offered to you through your existing social networks. That is why schools need to be mindful of what they are filtering. They eliminate the connections to the exact resources that they need.

1 comment:

RESA 23Things said...

Your last three sentences say it all! Thank you for doing what you do.