Thursday, May 29, 2008

GoogleDocs - Thing 15

I found GoogleDocs to be quite intuitive. It works very much like Office or Openoffice, with the added benefit of being able to collaborate with others just by opening it to them with an invitation. I made a spreadsheet that I can use this summer to collaborate with 3 other people who are working with me to gather, repair and catalogue the district's Alphasmarts for the Special Ed department. The down side is that, once again, it is blocked in my district, so I can't use it with students. The one doubt that I would have in using it with students is that I hope you can track and undo changes that are mistaken or malicious. I'll have to work with my documents a bit more to find out I did fix the formatting so all the spreadsheet entires looked the same. Anal of me, I know, but I really like the ease of doing it.

1 comment:

Carol said...

Yes, you can track changes using the Revisions tab.