Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Sorry, I Skipped Thing 7

Strangely enough, I can view things on Flickr, but not upload them at work. Because of the blocking situation, I'm very hesitant to use Flickr in the classroom. I'm afraid I will plan a lesson and when I try to bring it up, it will be blocked. I have had a Flickr account for several years and I find it to be an excellent way to share images with groups of people that are geographically scattered. I share my photos with my extended family this way. Conversely, in the classroom, it is a good way to pull together groups of diverse photos that have a single characteristic, say a tag or a color in common. I have done several really interesting thinking and writing assignments using the color sort tool. I would also note that any photos of students that I upload are only labeled in a very vague way as to name and location. At most I put a first name and the city. We need to practice what we preach about net safety.

No comments: